The Dad in our house is an amazing man. Not only does he work long hours as a professional chef but he is the head chalkboard maker at I Heart Chalkboards!
He puts as much love and care into making each and every chalkboard as he does his signature dishes!
As a thank you for all of his hard work and love the kids and I will make him these delicious cinnamon crescent rolls for breakfast tomorrow. They couldn't be easier to make and they make the house smell delicious!
What you will need:
1. One package of refrigerated crescent roll dough (we used Bisquick)
2. 1/2 stick of salted butter softened
3. 1 tbsp of sugar (I didn't really measure, Just put as much in as you like)
4. 2 tbsp brown sugar (again didn't really measure)
5. 1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon (depends how cinnamony you like it)
6. 1 cup confection sugar
7. 1 tbsp of skim milk (add more as needed)
8. 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
Preparation: (Preheat oven to 375 degrees)
1. In a small bowl mix butter, sugars, and cinnamon together
2. Open dough package and arrange triangles on cookie sheet
3. Spread butter mixture on each triangle (cover entire triangle)
4. Roll each triangle
5. Bake 11minutes
1. In a small bowl mix confection sugar , milk, and vanilla. It should be a thick consistency but pourable.
2.When rolls come out of oven arrange on a plate and pour icing over warm rolls
Happy Father's Day!
I Heart Chalkboards!